Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

AdamSutton

Hello from Kent, UK

Many has the time been that when searching for information I have been directed to SGL, so I thought it was time I stopped lurking and joined.

I have been into photography for a number of years now and have started to point my lens skyward of a night, starting really with photographing the ISS as it passes overhead.  

I am still just using my camera equipment, as not having a lot of spare time and living in a fairly light polluted area I cannot justify investing in a telescope at the moment.  I am shooting with my Canon 40D/5DMK3 and various lenses from 50mm to 400mm, and recently purchased a Skywatcher Star Adventure mount (great bit of kit) and a few weeks ago invested in an EOS Clip light pollution filter for my 40D which I aim to get converted.  Sadly both of these, good as they are, seem to be cloud magnets and I haven't had many clear nights to do much.  Location wise I live in North Kent just outside London and a stones throw from the Thames and all the light pollution from Tilbury Docks, though our Southern skies are not too bad.

Thanks for reading!

Adam

• Like 1

Welcome to SGL Adam, I'm not far from you and suffer from  the same LP and can only image East to South, also have SW Star Adventurer and recently imaged Comet Lovejoy with some success with it.

Dave

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Clear skies !

hi mate and welcome from south wales.this is the best place for anything spacey.all the best and clear skys to all.

Hi Adam and welcome to SGL - You can do an awful lot with a DSLR and a decent lens - You don't need a telescope.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi Adam & Welcome to SGL.  Good luck with the AP.