Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

3rd Attempt at Jupiter

WDGH

Hello all,

This is my third attempt at Jupiter, not under ideal conditions but not a bad result.

On about 50% of my images the GRS is green, can anybody tell me why this is. Capture - iCap, Autostakkert 2 and finally use the wavelet on Registax.

I have x2.5 and 5x powermates but have not unboxed them yet, need to get this right first.

Willism

post-43575-0-73279600-1428060357.png

I think thats a cracking 3rd effort mate !

well done, as for the grs being green, maybe its atmostheric distortion, try the rgb align and rbb auto balance in registax

Thanks for that - I use those tools each time but the results are variable, so I think it must be atmospherics.

William 

Yes, this is really good. I like the detail you've picked up. I'm new to astrophotography also. My image of Jupiter to the left also has a green tinge. I thought because I used a moon filter. In any case, it was much worse until I tried to color correct it in Photoshop. I used a Zwo color camera and 3X barlow for mine. Then Registax. Here's a link to a bigger image of mine:

http://brunchwithbattutah.aminus3.com/image/2015-04-05.html

It's fascinating at first to get any result.

cheers

Mike

Archived