Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Scope and Mount!

Greg

Well,

I've gone and done it :shock:

Ordered an Skywatcher ED80 Pro on a HEQ5.....

Hopefully it should arrive for the weekend - so you know what that means :lol: :lol: :lol:

I shall write a review when I get my "Mince Pie" on it!!

Greg

I've dipped my toes in imaging WH and believe me you can never have too much mount!

The HEQ5 will be used to support the 8" Newt with the ED80 Pro piggy backed for imaging and camera work. So I wanted a fairly good driven mount, I started off thinking of the EQ5 with drives, but wanted the extra payload of the HEQ5 without the bulk of the EQ6.

The EQ3 -2 will be used for Steve's scope or the 5" refractor for planetary observation.

I wanted a small scope so that my new born could carry it easily!!!!

Greg

Nice Mount Warthog i owned one for about 2 years should do you proud..

James :lol:

Getting the wooden legs, too, for the same reason. My daughter is picking it up for me, as the store is in the same city she lives in, but she won't be coming to see for at least a couple of weeks. Free shipping, though. :lol:

I understand the need for the EQ5, now, Greg.

To be honest WH, I thoght the EQ3-2 was the dogs thingy's untill I started dabbling with imaging - It;s a fine mount for lighter scopes.

The only bit that really, really needs changing are the aluminium tripod legs - change them for the s/steel ones - a vast improvement in stability and make sure all the allen bolts are checked for tightness on a regular basis.

Greg

nice one Greg , mine comes in at the end of the month , HEQ6PRO and also got a pier as well , for perm fixture , got the heavy HEQ6 as Bern said it would be better for the very long exposure required for the Atik 16hr , like you i will use the ED 80 for most of my imaging , and maybe later on look at something else,

the GPS i,m keeping for imaging the Planets , moon etc , also to use the fast star sytem .

Cheers

Rog

Never one to miss an opportunity - I sold the ETX-70 to the Midwife!!!

She bought it for her husband who is just starting in astro - she's picking it up when she sees the wife on Monday.

A nice couple of EP's coming on me thinks!!

Greg

Archived