Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Scooot

Totality in The Faroes

post-20507-0-29204500-1427913099_thumb.j

This was the view at about 8.15, I really didn't think we had much chance of seeing it at this stage but re my report http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/239545-torshavn/

we were extremely lucky and these are the best of a couple of images I managed to get holding my canon with 200mm zoom. I know there's been loads of pics posted but this experience will be forever in my mind and these are my record of it so I hope you like them. Unfortunately I missed capturing the ring effect.

post-20507-0-02732600-1427913628_thumb.j

post-20507-0-49056800-1427913659_thumb.j

• Like 16

Wow, magical :laugh:

• Like 1

Brilliant! Chuffed you saw it, I hadn't seen your report so was worried you had been clouded out. Great pictures to remember it by.

• Like 1

Wow, you really were fortunate to have witnessed such a thing. I've read that along with planting a tree and writing a book, to see a full solar eclipse is one of the must things to do in one's life. Cracking images to boot.

Thank you sharing them, Richard.

• Like 1

Wow!!! we are total P&O cruise fans and we never saw this trip in the brochure, how did we miss this????? otherwise I would have been on board  :eek:  Mind you, if I had been on board you would never have seen it ;)

:blob1:  :blob3:  :blob5: 

Alexandra

• Like 1

You have to trust your luck when you go the Faroes to view an astronomical event.

• Like 1

Wow!!! we are total P&O cruise fans and we never saw this trip in the brochure, how did we miss this????? otherwise I would have been on board  :eek:  Mind you, if I had been on board you would never have seen it ;)

:blob1:  :blob3:  :blob5: 

Alexandra

Thanks Alexandra, it wasn't originally due to go to the Faroes,it was meant to leave on the 19th for the Fyords. I booked anyway hoping we might sail far enough North to get a better view. Due to lots of enquiries they then added an extra 2 days to the front and The Faroe stop, so another bit of luck :)

• Like 1