SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Delos Happiness

Paul73

Hi All

I've been trying to track down a Delos 17.3mm for ages. Then a kind SGL member popped up and offered me a near mint example. It arrived today. Deep happiness. OK I realy should not be this excited about an eyepiece.....

These are great eyepieces that go just that little bit deeper. I have just ordered/offered to buy a Baarder Classis Ortho 18mm to try against this and have the 16mm MaxVison 68° to do a big 17mm(ish) shootout.

post-32768-0-76175700-1427831606_thumb.j

Happy Days!

Paul

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely Paul and the shootout should be interesting :smiley:

I've only owned one Delos and that was the 10mm which I had for a couple of months. Very nice and I can see why folks like them so much.

You take addictive Televue eyepieces and then put them in a photo that says "Have Me".

This is bordering on immorality.

Sorry. At least they aren't the "E" ones.........

Tried those the other weekend......

Was determined to hate them...

[removed word]....

At least the Ethos is so far out of my budget that I can ignore the craving. And I can be safe in the knowledge that the Delos is at least as sharp across their measly 72° Fov. I'm in the process of going to 82° for the longer eyepieces.

Paul

Very nice, you could buy all my gear for those beauts.

Two put of the three were 2nd hand.

I'm of the opinion that buying TV is just a savings account that I can't spend on beer.

I'll be really upset if I have to dip into that particular savings account.

Paul

Nice collection and a very handy range of focal lengths. I'm tempted to try a Delos. I'm also concerned about the consequences though. There were a few coming up second hand a year ago, but not so much recently. I wonder if there was a spate of Delos to Ethos upgrades that have now passed.

James

Sorry. At least they aren't the "E" ones.........

Tried those the other weekend......

Was determined to hate them...

[removed word]....

At least the Ethos is so far out of my budget that I can ignore the craving. And I can be safe in the knowledge that the Delos is at least as sharp across their measly 72° Fov. I'm in the process of going to 82° for the longer eyepieces.

Paul

...was that a try before you buy!!

Interesting. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts once the warm glow of new ownership has settled and you get into the groove of day to day ownership.

I had the 8, 12 & 17mm and thought the 17 felt like it was from a different range - I really didn't like it, not least because it was so non-parfocal, but there were other things, probably related to that most subjective of things; comfort.

Russell

Dan is only saying that and I thought he was a friend :sad:. He claimed he taught Mike (Faulksy all he knows) about collimation before he helped me see the light. I'm hurt, :p  back to business

There is another that is not parfocal and I am not sure which it is, 14mm I think. The interesting thing with them is there is no mention or the range on the Paracorr sheet I have even though the 21mm E is listed which came out after some of the Delos range started, I thing the 6mm 10mm and 17.3 mm were up and running beforehand. I can however see what Russell means, if nothing else it is somewhat more rotund than the others, I mean the 3.5mm is Rodney and the 17.3 is Del Boy :grin: .

Archived