SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Close-up view of the solar eclipse of March (pics and video)

AstroWolvy

After sleepless nights (almost 800 files to sift) here is the video on the last solar eclipse. :)
I assembled few timelapse made during the event (for a couple I had to give up because they are too rowdy or because the computer was not able to save all the files);
I was forced to use clips of only 5 seconds without intervals due to the high speed of the moon at this focal, but I managed to achieve a fairly uniform level of detail ( a post processing challenge ).
Given the number of movies I had to give up treatment too complex or it would take me too much.

I suggest the vision of the video at full resolution and full screen to appreciate the slow movement of the sea of spicules and plasma. With frames so close together transformations are minimal but very fluid.

And here few single captures, were I could give more attention to the moon edge and color presentation, hope you will like them. :)

16881628952_e771bd059e_c.jpg

16695411150_0a678e6cc5_c.jpg

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qM5rAd]16262671284_490d8a7be2_c.jpg

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rK3Vq7]16896098442_be6cd91157_c.jpg

Superb mountains on the moon, they are the best I have seen probably as you only caught 5 seconds of video :) :) :) 

I did 30 seconds worth and that was enough to blur the edge, but my seeing was far too poor to get away with 5 seconds.

Alexandra

tnx, I used my loyal ptg chemeleon mono on my truss 150 refractor, with a daystar 0.5a filter.

10851442273_1a26530362_c.jpg

What a lovely set up. :)

Once again; brilliant images. I was clouded out for the eclipse and seeing the lunar mountains was one of my goals so I'm really happy you managed to capture them and share with us.

tnx, i was lucky to have a clear sky that moorning, ihas been clody all night and the afternoon after

just clear the right hours :)

with the animations the blur and defect of not stacking the usual number of frames (5 sec instead of 50) almost disapear, i'm happy of the final result

but I admit I will think twice to make it again all that processing eheh

Archived