RTFM what manual ?

Davey-T

I know that the advent of the internet has meant manufacturers regard this as an excuse not to bother with a manual but surely it wouldn't hurt them to include some sort  guide.

I have just purchased a WO finder and looked for instruction on fixing it to the scope, operating and  finding  / changing the battery and nothing is in the package.

The WO Flattener was the same, and finding the instructions on line is never easy as they hide them away, given that no astro gear is "cheap" the extra cost to the manufacturers of a single sheet of instructions is surely not too much to ask.

Another annoying thing is when they do condescend to supply instructions they have been photocopied and shrunk to such an extent you need a magnifying glass to read them.

Dave

My Hotech SCA flattener did at least come with a sheet of instructions, mainly as to flattener-chip distance, and it was a fair bit cheaper than my WO FR IV which had no info at all.

Archived