SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What editing programs do you use?

For *video* astronomy image processing (admittedly an oxymoron for some!), I use

Registax, plus an antediluvian Macromedia Fireworks as a Photoshop substitute. A

Win7 upgrade will require replacing that by GIMP. Working with "eight bit" video is a

bit of a challenge, but I also now do a bit of "contrast blending" via GIMP plugin. ;)

Another budding IRIS enthusiast? Indeed a bit "clunky" - Part line-mode(!), but with

some interesting possibilities. Specifically, I needed something for gradient removal.

Just purchased an external disk for more storage - Glad I retained ALL my .avi files. 

Amazing what can be recovered / produced from even poorly set up past efforts! :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@stub mandrel

on youtube there is a guy named doug who has lots of tutorials, step by step, from a bunch of photos to a finished image using different softwares.

the channel is:

astrophotography tutorials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What programs do you use and what do you think is best?

Someone suggested buying Creative Cloud which comes with all Adobe programs like photo shop and light room which should come in handy with stuff like this.

And im not exactly wanting to buy photoshop for $1000 as that seems a bit much to me.

So if any one uses Creative cloud, could they post what it's like?

The software for planetary imaging is quite different to long exposure DSO. I use Pipp, AS!2 and Registax for planetary and Startools, Pixinsight and a bit of Photoshop for tarting the final images for DSO.

A.G

Archived