Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help from London / Essex Boys finding retailer

Hi,

I have noticed a few other London / Essex Boys are registered and wondered if anyone knows a retailer in East London or the Essex area with a showroom where I might get some good advice and possibly make my first purchase?!

I am a newby and would like to see the scopes in the flesh, rather than just buying straight of the Internet, although the guys on this forum have been helpful guiding me.

The only place I have seen in mags etc is The Widescreen Centre, anyone used them?

Thanks in advance.

Ok, i might be wrong but i think i read somewhere that because there's such a low demand for telescopes, telescope shops tend to sell their 'scopes for a much higher price than what you can find them for on the 'net for the same model.

Your best bet would be to go to a shop to look at a 'scope then buy the one you want online. But again, i might be wrong, but i'm sure i heard that...

Ok, i might be wrong but i think i read somewhere that because there's such a low demand for telescopes, telescope shops tend to sell their 'scopes for a much higher price than what you can find them for on the 'net for the same model.

Your best bet would be to go to a shop to look at a 'scope then buy the one you want online. But again, i might be wrong, but i'm sure i heard that...

If you compare Telescope House shop floor prices, with their website (and other retailers with both), I would think this is unlikely. Some web only retailers may be slightly less, but will you pay extra for shipping?

In my opinion, I think your best deal (particularly if you're buying multiple items), would be to visit Widescreen, or Telescope House (or your closest retailer), and explain what you want, and see what they can do for you. A website is static, and offers no flexibility, but if you visit in person, you stand a better chance at getting a deal. You also have the advantage of a more personal relationship with the shop, as any warranty issues/after sales service is much easier for you if you have dealt with them in person.

Archived