Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Irregular Dwarf Galaxy NGC 4449

schmeah

This is a small active galaxy in Canes Venaticci. There are numerous star forming HII knots that would probably pop with some Ha added. This is my first completed long focal length image on the Avalon M Uno. Image scale is 0.65 arc-sec/pixel with a C9.25 Edge and QSI 540. Thanks for looking.

http://www.pbase.com/dsantiago/image/159545730

Derek

post-39299-0-55865200-1427568617.jpg

Ooh, now that really is rather special. Good to see an image from the Edge, too. Looks convincing!

You don't mention processing but I wonder if a touch of Hasta La Vista Green or Pixinsight's SCNR green might not play nicely?

Olly

Thanks Olly! I have got to say, I am very impressed with the new Edge thus far. Not only is truly sharp from edge to edge, but but it holds collimation remarkably well. I had an unfortunate incident where my mount got tipped over with the Edge on it, slamming to the concrete. I was certain it would be out of collimation if nothing else, but no it remained perfectly collimated. Also the temperature change coefficient is remarkably small for an SCT. Minimimal refocus is needed with my Optec TCF even over a drop of 8C overnight.

Regarding processing, I did use a touch of HLVG. I still use Photoshop CS2. The change to PI still seems a bit daunting for me.

Derek

Yes, I think you're right :)  I should be able to manage quite happily with what I've got :D  I think I need more practice with using it - my imaging opportunities have been much lacking in recent months.  I've definitely got rusty :(  I feel some of my recent attemps have dropped well below par - must do better :D

Archived