SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Returning gazer

Stav_98

Good afternoon, morning or evening depending where in the world you are.

This is "hello" again as I'm a returning gazer.  Not just returning to the forum but to the hobby as I've not grabbed my scope for quite some time (a good few years).  

It's quite scary looking back at those early posts as they take me back to 2010.  Initially I was looking for a scope that would be usable following spine surgery, then in November of that year my daughter arrived 6 weeks early.  The surgery never happened and my daughter will be 5 this year... a second daughter arrived two years later.  The rest they say is history!

So why am I here?  Well I'm sat in the Airport Lounge at Washington Dulles waiting for my flight back to London.  I've been here working and a colleague and I were discussing astronomy in the hotel on Tuesday night; a mutual interest although one that has been on the back burner for a while.  This got me thinking, it's time to fix that!

I'll be poking around the advice forums as I've been saving and am in the market for a GOTO scope.  If nothing else I've had a little time to save!

Looking forward to mooching around.

Stav.

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome.

Well I popped to my local Astro Shop this morning, it was quite a success (I hope).  I ended walking away with a Celestron 127 SLT along with  NexImage5 camera.  I was sorely tempted by the Nexstar Evolution 6 but it all seemed a bit much on the basis I've been out of the hobby for so long.  Looking forward to some clear skies.

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome.

Well I popped to my local Astro Shop this morning, it was quite a success (I hope).  I ended walking away with a Celestron 127 SLT along with  NexImage5 camera.  I was sorely tempted by the Nexstar Evolution 6 but it all seemed a bit much on the basis I've been out of the hobby for so long.  Looking forward to some clear skies.

Looks like a great telescope!   Those cats have such a great focal length v actual size ratio!

• 1 month later...

Archived