Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Transferring 20" dob. Any ideas?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is AstroFaktoria. Pawel Rojewsky is the owner. Honest, talanted but slow.

Little bits and pieces could be improved but they are really minor. For example, I would change a focuser. But I am getting too picky. In general it is a quality product.

Price is acceptable compare to big American brands.

I am pleased. All I really need is a quality mirror.

Mine is λ/13, focal ratio is 3.53. I know it is fast. I do not trust numbers only my eyes. So a few observing session and I can be completely honest about optics.

Very easy to set up. About 10-15 min to assemble and 5 min to disassemble.

After a few observing session I will share what I've got.

Thanks a lot for kindness and support.

Tatyana

Very nice :)  Poor little 10"(?) Flextube looking rather forgotten in the corner now...

James

My baby 10" is my first love. I am very fortunate with it. Mirrors are really good for Chinese scope. I managed to see the HorseHead nebula/Barnards 33 through it and some very faint galaxies/abels/PK whitch are not in the Pocket Atlas.

I will keep it and use :)

Well, here we are.

I received my 20" and I could not even image how easy it is to transfer. The most heavy part is the primary itself otherwise everything is light and portable. I can lift the primary. Everything fits to my saloon car. I am very pleased but anyway thanks to all of you for practical help. I take on board for my next 30" scope :-D

Tatyana

My god Tatyana you put me to shame. That 20" looks lost almost in the back of your car and here's me having a right job getting everything to fit in the car with just an SW 12"

That sure is one nice looking scope which is always important in the UK as with all the cloud we spend a lot of time looking at kit rather than throught it. Although saying that we have had a long run of clear nights lately :)

Archived