Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge_winners.thumb.jpg.6becf44442bc7105be59da91b2bee295.jpg

Mattdavies241184

Astronomy clubs

Hello all

I joined stargazers lounge last year sometime and asked this same question; due to unforseen circumstances with work I haven't been able to attend any clubs however I now have some free time :) could people advise me again what clubs are out there I'm from South Wales living in Blaenau Gwent (Tredegar)

Hi Matt

Welcome to the group, Well your in the right area, our group meets up at the Foxhunters Mast at least once a month, So its right on your doorstep.  More senior members will be along to give you more details and when the next meet will be held, weather pernitting.

Hi Matt

Its up by the Radio Masts in the car park on top of the mountain above Blaenavon. The next meet is the 17th of April, Weather permitting.

Edited by daiwelly

Yes you are more than welcome, just check the meets section of this group especilay on the day around 1530hrs to see if its a go or no go, as some of our group have to travel a fair distance, if the conditions are not worth the drive then the meet is cancelled.

We also have a star camp generaly in October over about 4 nights at Pencelli castle campsite near brecon again sen members will be able to advice you on this.

Edited by daiwelly

Thank you all for your advice and welcomes I'll definatly be at one of the clubs!! :) can't wait now!! It will be nice to meet people with same interest

• Like 1

Hello all

I joined stargazers lounge last year sometime and asked this same question; due to unforseen circumstances with work I haven't been able to attend any clubs however I now have some free time :) could people advise me again what clubs are out there I'm from South Wales living in Blaenau Gwent (Tredegar)

Hello all

Hi Matt, welcome back !  :smiley: