Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

Dave grim

Hello from Wales

Hi guys and gals just to introduce myself I'm Dave I'm 50 and have been into astronomy for a while but haven't owned a telescope all that long so a beginner really, I would like to get into astro photography so I might need some help in choosing gear but I will put that in another section .

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave and welcome to SGL.  I'm just up the valley from you :wink:  I too am into astrophotography :smile:

There's an active South Wales group, so take a look...

Helen

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Welcome to SGL. I used to live just over the mountain in Cardiff, before moving to Birmingham for work.

Dave (another one).

• Like 1

Hi Dave and welcome to SGL - There's a couple of us imagers knocking about, so when you're ready give us a shout! Do have a look in the search facility though, or have a scan of the imaging section as the 'what shall I buy?' question is fairly common and you may get some good ideas from what people have already asked.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Thankyou for all the welcomes can't wait to get some clear skies again and get some images to share with you all

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Clear skies !

Hi Dave & Welcome to SGL.  Good luck with the AP.

Hi Dave and welcome to SGL, if you are intending to go down the black arts route, AP as we affectionately call it, then your first purchase to consider, should be a copy of Steve Richards book, "Making Every Photon Count". Probably the most widely used book by our forum imagers there is, to avail yourself of a copy see FLO top of the page. Enjoy your Astronomy :)

Hi Dave and welcome from s wales, this is the place to be if you need the nohow.all the best and clear skys for all.charl.