SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

April meets

Astralstroll

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having had another look at the forecasts for tonight. It would now seem that there will be total cloud cover until midnight.

The wind is also a bit high so I am going to call to night OFF.

Tomorrow night is looking much better so far. So tonight is Cancelled and tomorrow will be called at about 4pm tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry Guys

Pat

Difficult call for tonight.

Forecast says 100% clear sky and all the indications are for that to happen with good visibility

On the down side wind is forecast at 10-12 mph so will be breeze.

Taking into account these meeting are usually 10% observing and 90% chatting, I am going to call it "ON "for tonight.

However it has to be down to the individual to make the final choice about traveling.

If you are going then warm clothing and HATS are the order of the day as I would expect it to be about 4C and maybe less with the wind factor. No Frost forecast and DEW point is low so should be good viewing.

ITs a "GO" for tonight.

Pat

I'm freezing and I'm sat in the obs with a radiator!  as I went in for a cup of tea just now and got caught by the wind I was wondering how you were faring on top of the mountain  :eek:

Helen

I got home and not to be deterred I set everything up in the garden, Looked at my app on the phone set polaris the same had it bang in the little circle, plugged in my synscan and started from scratch date time etc, the one snag was long/lat on my phone it was 51.72 N and -3.76 W  . Ok everything ready start 2 star alignment? no because I didnt know which stars were which and my garde is very limited to what I can see ( facing east).  I thought lets go to that star and press Identify, it came back Polaris which I knew was wrong, and it was like that with every dam star I picked, just kept saying Polaris. I,m nearly there but it is frustrating

A big Thank you to Lenny for taking the time to go through things it is very much appreciated

The weather is looking good for Tuesday, I am throwing a invite out for a evening in Brecon with me I can offer dark skies no light pollution and hot tea or coffee, PM if interested for the location cant mention it here. :smiley:

Ps you will have to fetch your own biscuits.

Think we can all deal with the cold after January sessions in Blaenavon but the wind is another matter especially for dob club.dai that's a kind offer, I've pretty much packed up for this year though might get out with the bins for my 10%'so worth as pat puts it.can't do Tuesday or this week at all unfortunately but thanks for the offer none the less.

Archived