SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

April meets

Astralstroll

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

As Lenny has mentioned, Our April meet is scheduled for either Friday the 17th or Saturday the 18th, as to take advantage of the proximity to the New Moon.

I will be unable to make a the call with regard to the weather this month as I will be overseas at the time.  :sad: 

It would be great if someone of the members local to Blaenavon could keep an eye on the weather for the group, and post the conditions early in the afternoon ? ? ?

If the conditions look favourable, please don't hesitate to post a short notice Meet.

Cheers, & Clear Skies.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luna - welcome to the group - most people head up there just around dusk to set up in the light - Mike (L8-Nite) usually posts in the afternoon to make a call on the weather conditions and whether the meet is a go or not.

If you just keep your eyes on the group forum page you'll see the details usually a week or so in advance at least- I think Mike has posted the calendar in advance this year as well so theres plenty of information on the meets.  Hope to catch you up there shortly - they're a pretty friendly bunch as most astronomers are so I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

Hi Folks,

I'm having trouble with my computer over here, and have limited access to use the one at the local Library.

With the opening times and time zone difference here in California, I will be unable to make a call for the scheduled April Meet.

My thoughts are with everyone for clear skies on Friday & Saturday !

Has anybody agreed to make the call for this weekend Mike.

If somebody is close to Blainavon then please make the call.

I can do it if nobody else does but I am 18 miles away and I will not be attending still no car.

Pat

Has anybody agreed to make the call for this weekend Mike.

If somebody is close to Blainavon then please make the call.

I can do it if nobody else does but I am 18 miles away and I will not be attending still no car.

Pat

Hi Pat,

Haven't had any feedback yet. Eighteen miles is closer than five thousand, so thanks for taking the helm.

I finally got the tractor up and running and have been out mowing weeds all day. Cleared my favourite spot to set up our old Sears refractor, so am hoping the fog doesn't roll in like it did last night; fingers crossed.

Hope you get mobile again soon Pat.

All the best !

We plan on coming along fri/sat first time in years we have not had a visit planed over weekend when you meet up.

Pat  we live in Newport would you like a lift 1 seat left in van and plenty of room in back for any gear you would like to bring also you can show us the way.

Bob

Thanks for the offer Bob but I have something else planned for the weekend.

Still looking for somebody to make the call.

If there is no one to do it. I will make the Call by 4pm Friday or Saturday depending on the weather.

For anyone who does not know the location you can go to Google Maps and use this link

51°47'25.5"N 3°04'11.3"W

Pat

Hello Matt Davies

there is a meeting planned for tonight 17/4. It is normal to arrive before night fall so you can set up in daylight.

At the moment all the weather forecast look favourable for the meeting to go ahead.

I will make the call at about 4pm so people have plenty of time to get there.

Pat

Update for tonight's meeting.

Currently looks good

Might be a small problem with the wind.

Temperature at ground level will be about 4/5C so wrap up warm as it will be several degrees cooler on the mountain.

Location is     51.790455, -3.069576 Google Maps. next to the radio Aerials.

Will make the final  call at  4pm

Pat

PS. Doggers please stay away :)

Archived