SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

stellerium

hi there just downloaded this program stellerium and it wont work on my samsung N130 notebook it just keeps saying this "No OpenGL 2 found on this system. Please upgrade hardware or use MESA or an older version."does anybody know what upgrade i need or wont my notebook load it up cheers stephen its doing my head in 

hi sorry i been busy and thanks sub giant i did download the 12.2 version insteed of 13 and its the best thing i ever done and would like to thank everone for there help you made a newcommer very very excited now so thanks again

Stellerium is a great program. I know you can get a version for phones as well (as a small cost), has anyone used this? Thinking it might be a lot easier out in the field, though on a small screen it might be quite useless.

Matt.

It's not as fully functional on a smartphone, but still good. I use it in conjunction with Sky Safari 4. Both invaluable tools. I have a comparatively large screen (Galaxy 3) so that helps.

I've just found the occulars plug-in which I set up last night along with my eyepieces, not used it yet, but should help confirm/deny my id's. Seems a great idea for somebody as unsure as me!.

I've just found the occulars plug-in which I set up last night along with my eyepieces, not used it yet, but should help confirm/deny my id's. Seems a great idea for somebody as unsure as me!.

That's a great plug in, another great help is the Telrad plug-in.

Used it tonight on Aldebaran works really well, once I orientated myself. Should be a great help to me.

This is the page you are looking for http://sourceforge.net/projects/stellarium/files/Stellarium-win32/0.13.2/ download stellarium-0.13.2-MESA-win32.exe this is for computers with no Open2GL and is exactly the same, the only difference is that it is reportedly to be slower, but I have it on my computer and have noticed no difference in speed.

hi there must say a big thank you to proto star for finding this version of stellerium for me to use  this is for computers with no Open2GL graphic drivers anybody want it just copy and paste  stellarium-0.13.2-MESA-win32.exe thanks

hi there must say a big thank you to A proto star for finding this version of stellerium for me to use  this is for computers with no Open2GL graphic drivers anybody want it just copy and paste  stellarium-0.13.2-MESA-win32.exe thanks sorry mist the letter out A

Archived