Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Thank you Grant (and everyone else involved too!)

Helen

Big shout out to Grant for all his hard work for SGLX.  Sorry you couldn't be there, but your organisation of the weather (in particular for the eclipse) was exemplary!  We all had a great time.  

Hopefully you can make it to the next one :smile:

Helen

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd also like to say a big thankyou to Grant, Mark and Helen and everyone else involved in organising SGLX and the outreach event.

And to have such good weather throughout the week for galaxy hunting and observing the eclipse was a real treat :smiley:

Yep, I would also like to add my thanks. Clearly Grant has been doing some sort of dark magic to get us this many clear nights! Top notch, it more than made up for last year.

It was also a chance to share knowledge, as well as learn something new (thanks to Rik for the Ps brush-in technique - may have more questions on that!).

I too would like to sign the Book of Thanks.

That was a fantastic few days. The organisational effort really shows and the hard work is very much appreciated. A special thanks goes to Rob for his superb brain frying Processing Masterclass and to The Scope Doctor for his private consultation. I also thank Shane & Stu for their unending patience while I hitched a lift on their Dob Tour of the beautiful dark skies. Though I apologise for my honesty when asked if I could make out the eyes in The Owl Nebula or the divide in M51... I hereby rename that section of SGL "The Blob Mob". Finally I add a 'good bye' to all my neighbours who I missed as I scampered off this morning having cheekily slipped that extra night in!

Please sign me up for SGL-XI. See you all there!

Thanks to the SGL team for their effort and an introduction to an alternative to the Kelling star party - great food - beautiful countryside and a great bunch of fellow amateur astronomers.

David

My massive thanks go to Daz for saving the day and picking up the pieces when it turned out I wasn't able to attend in person - although, we are still waiting for the arrival so technically I could've made it, d'oh!

A huge thanks also to Helen and Mark for organising the outreach event - it looks like it was an amazing event that will leave a lot of lasting memories for those who attended - I am very, very jealous of you all!

Looking forward to SGLXI already and strongly hope there will be no more babies on the way to coincide with next year! :D

Another thanks to all involved in the organising and running of the events...

Life got in the way so I only managed a couple of nights this year hastily arranged after the event was started and too late to make Madley... I'm glad I did as I met many old friends and made a few new acquaintances...

Whoever booked the weather can they makes sure they do it again next year...

Hopefully back closer to normal next year and an have a longer stay in a tent again :)

Peter...

Yep, I'll add my thanks as well. I know all the hard work that happens behind the scenes so thank you very much to all involved at the Lucksall end and to the Eclipse event.

Next year I'll try not leave my counterweights at home on the kitchen table and have a car full of imaging kit I couldn't use  :BangHead:

Yep, I'll add my thanks as well. I know all the hard work that happens behind the scenes so thank you very much to all involved at the Lucksall end and to the Eclipse event.

Next year I'll try not leave my counterweights at home on the kitchen table and have a car full of imaging kit I couldn't use  :BangHead:

If only you had asked...

I had the NEQ6 in the Disco with the extension bar and counterweights and I wasn't using it...

Peter...

+1 on the thanks from my brother and I. It was our first one and we'll be at the next for sure.

3 great nights weather wise, but sorry if anyone heard our bickering!

Nice to chat to some good blokes, thanks to Dave for the solar session, thanks to Haydn for the cake and beers, thanks to Gav opposite for polling in now and again to presumably break up the bickering and thanks to the people who bought my 150 dob.

Photos a plenty to go through so will post when ready.

A big thank you to all the mods who organised SGLX and of course the outreach event!

I must say that I really enjoyed the event again this year and it was even better by being blessed with five nights of great viewing and of course the sunshine during the day.

Thank you to Jonty and Nick for their tuition on using my camera for astrophotography.

It seems to get better each year guys, I was great meeting old friends and making new ones too.

I have just got home tonight after what feels like a 4 day camel ride to us islanders. Well worth the trip again!

Kindest regards, Hadyn - Isle of Man

A huge thanks to all the team for organising yet another fantastic star party. Sunshine, clear nights and an eclipse, it doesn't get much better than that!

Looking forward to seeing you all again next year.

Cheers,

Jon

Archived