Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Madley Event - Favour please

Helen

Hi All,

As you may know I was working with Mark and MESC on Friday's eclipse event.  My priority was getting the children to do a bit more than just watch the eclipse.  So we did the booklets, got them recording, plotting graphs etc....

I have to write up the work I did as a dissertation for my astronomy degree (deadline Friday  :eek: ).  

I was so busy working with the kids etc that I have no pictures (well I had 8 on my phone until they got corrupted!).  I'd love to add some into my project, and to put a few on my website too.

So my request is twofold please.  

If you have any photos of the event that you wouldn't mind me using could you post them in this thread?

And secondly if you have any feedback on what the kids seemed to be doing/interested in etc that would be great too.

Many thanks 

Helen

Hi Helen,

Here are a couple, including a panorama I took.

5955970c04e2245bd3c1d6381c3727e3.jpg

432c9d1ce8e8205313b187e2bc266f5f.jpg

Quality probably won't be great posting on the forum but can email if needed. Hope they are of some use.

Cheers,

Stu

Helen I did not take any pictures but I had quite a few comments from the kids:-

They were all very interested in the flames (prominences) :grin: and nearly all asked how big they were

Another popular question was how many times bigger is the sun compared to the earth and how far away is the sun.

They were all very enthusiastic and very well mannered.

Thank you for the Welsh cakes by the way....most delicious :grin:

Helen I did not take any pictures but I had quite a few comments from the kids:-

They were all very interested in the flames (prominences) :grin: and nearly all asked how big they were

Another popular question was how many times bigger is the sun compared to the earth and how far away is the sun.

They were all very enthusiastic and very well mannered.

Thank you for the Welsh cakes by the way....most delicious :grin:

Thanks :smile:  I'll pass the thanks for the Welsh cakes on to my friend Jean who made them!

Archived