Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Bristol

Bravius

Hey my names Darren and i come from Bristol.I am completely novice to this and today have purchesed a 130mm star watcher and am about to head out and use it for the first time.If anybody has any advice for me this would be greatfully recieved.

I have been into astronomy since i was a child and in 2009 i was lucky enough to be able to visit kennedy space centre and i suppose i just got more and more interested from that point on.

Anyway hope to have lots of fun and actually learn somthing too now ive taken the next step.

see you guys around.

Darren

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Darren and welcome to SGL - You're in the right place for learning and information, Have a browse around the various sections, I'm sure that many of your questions will be answered there - If not then just shout :D

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi Darren, welcome to SGL :)

The best piece of advice for a new scope it to align the finder while it is still light by pointing the scope at a distant land based object. That way when you get into the dark you won't have the frustration of not being able to find things.

Use a low power eyepiece (25mm) to start with until you get used to focussing - low power will also help you find things easier.

Archived