SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pixinsight FFT (rather than registax) solar stacking..

NickK

So after Registax 6 under Wine was still attempting to the 1170 x 2.9MB files from yesterday.. 6+ hours later.. I thought I'd try PixInsight's FFT registration script. Only thing is that the FFT they have does a single flat image - no image distortion based off sub areas..

The SolarMax was on a alt-az manual mount and so imaging with drifting but the result is pretty good. Only minor limitation is that the integration tool for PI seems to have a maximum number of files it can open at about 252 files.. hence the gradient..

Simple stretch.. but as it's only 1/4 of the data.. I need to work out how to pull the other data together.. possibly do sections of integration into 5 sections and then integrate those files.

post-9952-0-74181700-1426938480_thumb.pn

Looks good, Nick, some very nice detail. Have you given Autostakkert 2 a spin? A lot of folks on solarchat seem to use it. I find it quicker than Registax, though I must admit I don't know the latter very well.

If you try Autostakkert and it doesn't like the size of images, you should be able to enter a larger max size in the AutoStakkert.ini file (should be maxWidth and maxHeight setttings, I think).

To adjust frame size ... open the downloaded AS!2 folder and open the  "Configuration settings"  file.

post-21219-0-50605600-1426971962.png

Then scroll down 'til you see the max height / max width lines , just delete the default figures and type in a larger one to suit then save the settings when asked ...  :smiley:

post-21219-0-89509900-1426971975_thumb.p

Archived