SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eclipse from 37000 feet

bish

My wife and me took a flight to see the eclipse. It's the first total eclipse I've seen and it was just amazing. Actually surpassed my expectations. I didn't take much in the way of camera kit as I wanted to spend more time looking at it and not getting in my wife's way of seeing it by waving a telephoto lens around. This doesn't do it any justice!

post-4165-0-94232500-1426883503_thumb.jp

Well done. That made me smile. Excellent pictures. I am not sure that I would choose that option. It may allow you see totality but I feel that you would miss so many of the other aspects of an eclipse. Namely the gradual darkening / brightening, drop in temperature, reaction of wild life etc. I do not wish to take away from what I am sure was a very novel experience, just not for me.

Sent from my Fone

I understand what Uplooker means but if it was clouded out you'd have missed most of the other things you'd have experienced on the ground anyway, including of course the most important thing.

Awesome images Bish :)

Thanks for all your comments.  I was dubious about seeing it from a plane, but can honestly say it's the best thing I've seen.  I would love to see one from the ground too, for all the other experiences, but my pictures don't really show the half of it. The pink hues as the eclipse gets going, black shadow of the moon moving across  the top of the clouds and experience of looking out at eye level to see such an amazing sight. Words and pictures don't do it justice.

Archived