Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ECLIPSE WEATHER (Not looking good)

robbie c

Was working night shift ,so it was a sleepless day for me . First contact was full of cloud in Stoke-on-Trent, then 10mins in a chance to view through the cloud. Great start I thought, then the cloud just vanished. What a fantastic morning it was . Im no photographer so made do with my trusty Samsung S3 hand held to my treasured lunt :-).

Lovely images thanks for posting them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was concentrating on the view i was getting that i forgot to do the one thing i wanted to..............take a picture of the shadows being cast by trees and leaves on the ground or on my side wall. Saw them in '99 and was amazed by them.

This was during the eclipse

post-32477-0-63658800-1426890386_thumb.j

This is the same view after the eclipse when the shadows were a lot softer once the sun was uncovered

post-32477-0-54672200-1426890427_thumb.j

Are those shadows a result of the leaves giving a pinhole effect frugal?

We were lucky to have clear skies here in Plymouth, with a hint of high level wispy cloud that did not impact on the view. 

Wonderful.

Are those shadows a result of the leaves giving a pinhole effect frugal?

We were lucky to have clear skies here in Plymouth, with a hint of high level wispy cloud that did not impact on the view. 

Wonderful.

Yes. There are a couple of crescent shadows there below the log pile. 

Clear start to finish at the event in Madley Hereford - not a cloud in sight :smile: We did some science with the children too  estimating the eclipse percentage and measuring the temperature.

post-374-0-26769500-1426893360_thumb.jpg

It colder that I thought it would - hence it being below the bottom of my graph lines!

post-374-0-59435000-1426893388_thumb.jpg

Helen

The whole thing went great on the East Coast where i am, some cloud about but nothing to diminish the view at all. I did try a little thing of hanging and taping the filter for the scope on the Camera , bit of a laugh for me more than a serious attempt at a decent photograph, but to my surprise they look really quiet reasonable on my camera. Only problem i have is getting them off the card onto my laptop which is now proving a little problematic for some reason(Typical) . Visit to Asda to try get them onto a disc am hopefull. Very enjoyable experience and my first experience of using a telescope on an eclipse.

Archived