Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

robbie c

ECLIPSE WEATHER (Not looking good)

Took my gear into work, haven't even bothered taking it outside due to the 100% thick cloud.

Not happy at all.

Dimmer here, but TBH it could just be the cloud getting thicker.

Disapointed? Not really as I wasn't expecting much. I was in the Lake District during the '99 total eclipse and the light was more peculier with nice crescent-shaped shadows.

Glorious morning, went noticeably darker and an image with binoculars around 9.30

andrew

post-9273-0-06189700-1426844796.jpg

• Like 3

150p and 18mm ES + smartphone through near total cloud cover

This shot was UNFILTERED.  Stupid, I know, but the clouds were filtering it well enough to protect my eyes and the camera

post-19910-0-81431300-1426845030_thumb.j

• Like 3

150p and 18mm ES + smartphone through near total cloud cover

This shot was UNFILTERED.  Stupid, I know, but the clouds were filtering it well enough to protect my eyes and the camera

Looks good 

Next total Eclipse in America 2017 

Think I'll start saving now 

The weather was kind to me in Coventry, Got to see all of it though it was through clouds for the most part.

• Like 1

Next total Eclipse in America 2017 

Think I'll start saving now 

Its tempting.

Good views here, few of us outside in carpark at work

The weather gods answered my prayers and we got a clear slot right in the nick of time here in Co.Antrim. Amazing considering the amount of cloud in general over here today.

Got to see almost the entire eclipse with blue sky for the maximum. Superb it was!

Big drop in light here at the peak too. Very impressive overall.

Absolutely CHUFFED. Just after "totality", the clouds vanished and i got great unobstructed views. Least i got to see about 40 mins of it. Not the 95% i was hoping for, but i'll take what i got.

Well worth getting up a 5am for. I didnt bother with my eclipse glasses..............i grabbed my scope and whacked on the filters.

Outstanding. The adrenalin is pumping through me.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

Mostly clear in coventry. First time viewing sun through telescope. Should have practised a bit first but got some shots.6f51e568abbe972b94fdcd64bacd4034.jpg5034e48e8286ada9d9782534842dd4c1.jpg

• Like 3

5mins before it finished the cloud thinned out and I got to see it just

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2017 eclipse in North America is on 21st of August. A nice date to make it a full week in the USA. I might consider it once 2017 comes along.

Think i'll save up for the Egypt eclipse in 2027, clear skies there me thinks  :grin:

Wow this morning the sky has kept lovely and clear for the eclipse. Watched the event from down in the garden supping tea, lovely.

Cheers,

Steve

Think i'll save up for the Egypt eclipse in 2027, clear skies there me thinks :grin:

I looks like that one will pass over the southern tip of Spain too. I might go there. But that's 12 years from now, so I'm not booking a hotel yet.

Totally clear skies here from start to finish.

I'm well pleased about it.

and now....total cloud cover!

But I don't care!

And I got to show my daughters (aged 4 & 5) before they went to school.

D.C

• Like 2

Managed to get increasing glimpses thru cloud for the last 25 mins or so of the event - naturally clear blue skies just after 4th contact...  Will sort out photos later