SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Galaxy Group Hickson 56, NGC 3718 and NGC 3729 (with RGB)

johnrt

This is the final version of this target (this year at least) - there was an unexpected break in the featurless grey murk that has dominated March here is the South East so far and I managed to capture some RGB to add to my luminance. Somebody should have warned me that the RGB was going to be as slow going as the lum, even binning the camera 2x2!

Well, without spending considerable further time on this, I don't think I can take it any further as there is other stuff I'd like to move on to, the here is the final LRGB version.

Altair Astro 6"RC, Atik 460ex captured in Sequence Generator Pro, and processed in Pixinsight and CS5.

Totalling up over 16.5 hours - I've now had enough :)

Hope you like!

16231459994_af5a86993c_b.jpg

Really enjoyed this one. I was trying to do some work but have just spent half an hour ferreting around in this image. There is loads of seriously faint stuff in there.

Worth the effort.

Paul

Thanks again people!

I have to say I'm still getting used to the increased size of the 460ex files over the old 314l, even a year after getting the 460. This little adventure ended up eating over 8gb in disc space!

Archived