Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

laser_jock99

Aurora watch amber alert 17-03-15

Thanks for the heads up. Good luck, aurora hunters! We are properly poorly here but will stick the head out the door a few times.

Low cloud and mist here, but will keep looking outside towards midnight, just in case; the great display of April 2000 (with the whole sky covered with aurora even down here in the Thames Valley) seems a very long time ago now!

Only time I have seen it was at Kelling Heath star party. Thought it was stadium lights pointing up or something at first and thought the imagers would be really annoyed. Until someone pointed out the sea was that way :embarrassed:  :laugh:

Conditions getting worse here.

Edited by Luke
  • Like 1

It's clear here but no aurora visible as yet. Jupiter looks good though :smiley:

• Like 1

It's not brill here but the new street lights help a lot... They have doen quite a few more streets around me with the new LED lights making a big difference

Trying out the  full spectrum 7D with the 200/2.8 at the moment but will keep the 5DIII and 24-105 Handy as well... 

Tempted to head for the Black Mountains just in case... Will give me better views to the North over darker skies

Thanks for heads-up. Cloudy here in Cambridgeshire but I've let my folks in the north-east know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing here, back in from local dark spot and just murk, not cloudy just soup like fog stuff, took loads of images of well nothing I think.

Visible photographically from Cray reservoir in Brecon Beacons and feint hint visually..

Taking pics at the moment

• Like 7

Nothing here currently in Lancashire :sad: , well at least where i am, quite clear otherwise with usual LP

Just a quick Rough... Not the spectacular shots we see from further North but just glad to see  and capture them from closer to home :)

They were brightening a bit as I left - or my dark adaption was getting better as the traffic got quieter...

Canon 5D III with 24-105/f4L IS USM  single exposure 60s f4.0 ISO1600

Northen%20Lights%20Cray%20Reservoir%2017

• Like 9

I had to drive up into the Brecon Beacons to get above the mist and get a Northerly relatively LP free horizon...  I think the army are out on Epynt as what looked like a couple of flares went up...

Glad I did :)

Peter...