Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Dave Lloyd

Aurora tonight?

The twittersphere's buzzing with predictions of aurorae (according to my mate).

• Like 1

Some of the prediction models are as high as I've ever seen them,  which of course means it's solid cloud up my way!

• Like 2

Hi Ya Dave, just been announced on the BBC News as well, said it'll probably visible anywhere from North of Northern Ireland - so you may have a chance - not sure how far South the Aurora has been seen,  but with the light pollution here in the Midlands - I very much doubt it.

Paul.

• Like 1

Hi, tonight might be the night to see the aurora, the SpaceWeather site http://spaceweather.com/ is showing a level 8 alert so the northernmost parts of the UK ought (fingers crossed) see something. Just hoping it spreads further south...

Good luck everyone.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks for the heads up. The big active region has certainly been kicking off of late if it's to do with that?

• Like 1

Foggiest day for months up here, so zero chance of seeing anything. Typical.

It is looking a bit misty here, alas! Can barely see the constellations. I can see strange glowing colours but I think it is towns! WIll try again, you never know, sometimes it moves on. Hope your luck is in!

Been out looking and about the local area,  a few gaps above but really really foggy (<20m viz) so drew a blank.  Back home for a beer and a sulk!

Foggy up here on the Fylde Coast, Straight up I can see stars but down on the Northern horizon its a pea souper....grumble. Nevermind its "bound" to be clear on Fri for the other event of note this week.........

Nevermind its "bound" to be clear on Fri for the other event of note this week.........

Aaarrrgh. Jinxed.