740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

LX Webcam ASCOM Driver

samtheeagle

Would anybody be interested in an ASCOM driver for a Serial LX Webcam?

I can hardly believe it, but it's 4 years since I was messing about with a hardware based LX mod, and in that thread a couple of fairly unsubtle hints were dropped about whether I was going to write such a driver. So 4 years, and 2 children later I'm slowly getting back into my astrophotography again, and suffering a bit of frustration with dropped frames from my LX SPC900 camera in PHD2. Now the issue isn't as bad as it used to be, PHD2 handles the lost frames much more gracefully, but I'd still really like it to be more reliable. So a couple of week or so ago I finally bit the bullet and got on with writing an ASCOM driver. It's not quite suitable for public consumption yet, but it is working and sending images to PHD2 :D

I've Googled, and I don't think one of these exists yet... Fingers crossed I've not just duplicated someone else's work here :)

• Like 1