Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Photomontage of 2008 Total Eclipse - partial and total phases

ejwwest

I've been meaning to prepare this since 2008 from my photos of the total eclipse in the Gobi Desert in China and the partial eclipse this week spurred me on to do so. The equipment was a Canon 40D with a 100-400mm zoom lens and 1.4x extender (560mm focal length). During the partial phases a Thousand Oaks filter was used. 

16216700063_2392b1d791_c.jpgTotal Eclipse Sequence by ejwwest, on Flickr

I'm watching Friday from Torshavn, I can only dream it'll be like this. Thanks for posting. :)

I did consider going to Torshavn but decided that if it were clouded out that there would be few compensating activities so went on a Northern Lights photography trip to Iceland where we were clouded out most of the week but got great glacier and ice photos instead.

My next eclipse is the USA in 2017. Just need to decide where to view it!

Good luck on Friday.

Excellent images, I could only ever dream of this :) :) :)

I think we will all be committing suicide over the clouds forecast for Friday :(

I'm going to the 2017 one too, make sure you go somewhere I am not  :rolleyes: I'm doomed :)

Alexandra

Excellent images, I could only ever dream of this :) :) :)

I think we will all be committing suicide over the clouds forecast for Friday :(

I'm going to the 2017 one too, make sure you go somewhere I am not  :rolleyes: I'm doomed :)

Alexandra

Trying to decide between Oregon (less chance of cloud cover) or South Carolina (not been before and historical sights to compensate if the skies are  cloudy). Yellowstone is likely to be popular and not much chance of getting accommodation within close driving distance to the path of totality. 

Archived