Hi from Crewe

JohnHolloway

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all

I just bought a Celestron Nexstar evo 6 inch with  x-cel barlow x2 plus an x-cel 18mm and variable polarising filter, the scope came with a 40mm Eyepiece and 13mm Eyepiece, so I hope this will be reasonable balanced for using this for planets/the moon and whatever else I can find out there.

I had a 4 inch refractor from a very long time ago which basically died,  it took me some time trawling the internet for the right scope for my requirements (the more I looked the more confused I became) so I bit the bullet, lets hope I don't regret my purchase. I had very good info from the guys at Tring astronomy centre and after visiting and looking around this is what I came out with.

One thing I am struggling with is the red dot finder which seems to have mind of its own any suggestions?

All the best and I will be checking out all of the posts to assist me.

Cheers

John

Hi John,

I'm in Shields, so not far away either. Welcome to SGL.

I have a 5SE with the red dot. I find it OK but needs setting up carefully first time. You may have a rogue base part or adjustment.

Unlikely but can happen. Grogfish got it right I think. Just take your time.

Derek

Hi John & Welcome to SGL.  Good luck with your new scope, like everything, it just takes time to get used to the equipment.  If you post your question in the Beginners section more people would read it there.  

Hi everyone

Thanks for the very warm welcome, wasn't expecting that !

I have now bought a telrad finder and things are much improved, have seen a great moon last night and the bands on Jupiter were very impressive.

Now for the webcam!

Archived