SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Will this weather never end ....?

Astro_Baby

I started this year with good intentions of subjecting myself to the cold again and getting out a bit more.....the weather still seems to be atrocious.  Is it just me in Redhill or is this wider across Surrey - I cant remember the last time I looked out the window and saw it was clear AND moonless.

I did a fair bit of moaning a few weeks ago as the sky seemed clear but we had to go visit the mother in law.  I spent a fair part of the journey griping about this being the only clear night yadda yadda yadda - when we got there the sky was crystal clear in Horley but blow me after about 40 minutes it was mush up there with hazy and plenty of cloud.

mel, 

you know as we all do, if there is an important family occasion the skies clear to crystal, hang in there, it will pick up soon, but its already looking cloudy for the eclipse on friday morning

I share your frustration. I went out (in Redhill) on Tuesday when it was clear. Spent an hour setting the imaging kit up pointing at M42 and guess what the cloud rolls in and stays. Managed to get some poor 4 minute exposures and that was it.

All very frustrating...

I am just below you in North Hampshire and the Weather hasn't been that good :(.  That said, I did manage to get out for a couple of hours on Friday night and it was pretty clear.  Unfortunately, as I was not expecting the clouds to stay away for too long, I choose to try out a new site and I did not feel very comfortable there, so ending up packing up at ~11pm while it was still perfectly clear.  Wasted night  :rolleyes2:

Archived