Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thanks for all the help along the way ...

knobby

If i'm correct, this will be my 5000th post so I'll try to make it a good one.

I've chosen the cloud dodgers section as It's where I started out what seems a lifetime ago. There seemed to be a bunch of us around south Essex all starting out on the astro journey at a similar time and after much jollification about Vaggazled scopes we kind of bonded and started meeting in dark feilds together (cue  freinds and familys stares and giggles)

The funny thing is, we might not recognise each other in daylight  :grin:

I'd like to thank Moonshane (Honourary Essex boy) and Ant (ex Essex boy) for accepting our barrage of 'can we have an Essex forum?' posts and pm's and many of the fellow Essex boys for listening / helping through losing my Dad not so long ago. Also, thanks to everyone on SGL for the vast amount of knowledge you shared and help you've given along the way.

Looking forward to the next 5000 posts

Jupiter March 2013

post-21341-0-37485200-1426408067.jpg

Jupiter March 2015

post-21341-0-07260500-1426408104.png

Congrats on your 5000 posts :)

Really pleased you've enjoyed your time here, and long may it continue.

Ant

(Ex Essex boy, in fact I think I may be developing the traditional webbed feet of someone from the Fens :) )

Congrats on the 5k Gary. It has been a privilege to stand in dark fields and check out each others equipment.....so to speak. And I blame you for me wanting to image! The progress we have made has been down to this forum and the generous members of it. look forward to many more evenings.

Regards

Thanks Damian, funnily enough, it's been a pleasure rather than commitment  :grin: .

I'd say the first 3500 posts were all 'help, can't focus' or ' my images are too small /  blurry' posts, It's nice now to be able to start giving back to the forum from my still novice mind !

Archived