SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

clearing the ground

oldnut

its taken a couple of weeks and the purchase of a 6000lb winch to get the final conifer root out. started attacking the laurels, and other prickly things. worked out the largest obsy I can fit is 10 foot. as its behind the garage and next to a fence with next doors holly type tree.  I will only be able to observe for around 200 degrees on the horizon-ish so it may take the shape of a capital D.  will know for sure when I have de-laureled

Sounds like a lot of hard work prior to the actual build- but you do need a clear view to make it worthwhile. I had to chop down a few larches to clear my site but the main agrevation was the steep slope that had to be terraced first.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here! My back is thanking me....  :D

Probably going to have to add in some ballast after the root removal - tree roots leave huge voids! Spent the large part of a day shifting unwanted soil from terracing to fill some root holes!

your going faster than me! I put my back out so am on painkillers and anti-inflamitories. cant bend much so just braking up all the smaller bits and bagging up for trips to the dump.

Archived