Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Muz

MOV to avi converter for Registax?

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could point me in the direction of a good .mov to .avi video converter, so that I can use a .MOV video file with Registax. I have tried a couple of pieces of software, and they have either dramatically increased the resolution of the video or taken the video out of correct proportion, both of which I do not want. Alternatively, is there another way I can use these files with Registax without having to go through such a process?

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Will be watching this carefully as my camera outputs MOV HD files and it would be good to try imaging Jupiter with this camera :).

Try PIPP. Then stack in AS!2 with final adjustments in R6. Also if you use a Canon and Backyard EOS your vids come out as AVIs anyway.

Peter

Edited by PeterCPC

I prefer to use PIPP, there is also virtualdub mod, but registax always complains about codec even when no encoding was used.