Narrowband

DIY tracking mount for a 1000mm Focal length Newtonian

drnayeem

Hi

Was planning to build a DIY tracking mount for my 1000 mm focal length and 150 mm aperture Newtonian Scope.

Went through a lot of plans but not able to decide which one.

Guidance would be a blessing [emoji3]

Regards

[emoji56] Clear Skies [emoji56]

I can't say i have seem a thread on here where somebody has made a mount for a newt that tracks as well, you could search the DIY section, and also read up on Arduino kits as they do stepper motors ect that are cheap and easy to progam.....

I am in the process of designing / building a mount for tracking and guiding of DSLR cameras and a small telescopes (perhaps up to an 8" SCT optical tube). I dont have a final design, it's a work in progress but you might find something of interest. I have built and tested the electronics for a basic RA tracking mount for a stepper motor drive including the Arduino code.

I am to machining my own worm gear and worms as well and its a "journey of discovey". I am now busy with my third iteration of the mechanical design and am trying to cut a new 130mm worm gear pair with an ACME thread. I have used M10 stainless steel threaded rod before.

You are welcome to take a look at https://starsinphotos.wordpress.com

Good luck

Archived