Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging targets for SGL X?

michaelmorris

I'm rather optimistically starting to put together an imaging target list for SGL X

I've identified quite a few galaxy-rich targets, but I've imaged galaxy targets at SGL star parties before and fancied adding some other target to my list to choose from.  I'd like to have 3 or 4 potential targets in each the following categories

• Widefield targets (DSLR with 50mm lens)
  • Hydrogen alpha rich targets

Any suggestions?

Thanks

P.S. - I realise that the whole exercise is probably futile due to the vagaries of the British weather, but please humour me. :grin:

Hmm I think some oldies but goldies

Targets for me are something simple:

Sun - white light

Jupiter - trying it at 3350mm with the 5x 

M51 - 670mm or 1340mm

M42 - 670mm or 1340mm core. This should be decending into the atmosphere.. giving me more data to play with.

The reason for going for these 'brighter' targets is I have an programming idea that I'm currently developing. I want something I can find and capture easily enough.

I will also have a 300mm f4 cannon FD lens mounted with one of the cameras giving a wide field of the same target.

Ha rich? Well there's rosette :)

Getting my kit to work so I can image would be nice unlike my failed attempt at Wales in October, if all goes well I quite fancy having another go at NGC3184 as I did it unguided last year so would like to have a crack at it guided. Mind you some help with drift alignment would be appreciated so I can help eliminate tracking errors as I've never managed to get perfect stars as yet.

M51 maybe a spot of planetary with Jupiter too as I haven't managed a decent image of that for some time now.

I hear theres something going on with the sun. might be worth a crack :D.

I'm hoping to give a few galaxies a whirl either leo triplet or m81/82. ideally I'll stick with one early and on late target and stick with them all week. bahahahahaha!!!! or I'll drink

I hear theres something going on with the sun. might be worth a crack :D.

I'm hoping to give a few galaxies a whirl either leo triplet or m81/82. ideally I'll stick with one early and on late target and stick with them all week. bahahahahaha!!!! or I'll drink

through your finder scope :grin:

If the new battery and charger turn up in time, it'll be top half of Orion to Rosette with a modded DSLR for me. Other than that, 'Dobbing about' and 'Scotch' are fairly high up on my to-do list.

If the new battery and charger turn up in time, it'll be top half of Orion to Rosette with a modded DSLR for me. Other than that, 'Dobbing about' and 'Scotch' are fairly high up on my to-do list.

I too am planning to partake of Scotland's finest (if cloudy).  Perhaps we should have a comparative tasting? (purely for research purposes you understand)

Archived