Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Montana

Another lucky Tuesday

This time tried out the Solarscope in single form but used the double stack blocking filter to see if I could get more light using a 3x lens. It worked, I had much more light and quicker shutter speed. Once I started on the timelapse the clouds rolled in and stopped play.

16156397253_75989025ca_b.jpg

16590639070_0a221728de_o.gif

16776492541_4653fc31cb_b.jpg

16155311214_da0bb38441_b.jpg
and then some in between clouds shots using Bob's Calcium H filter (no more than WL really)

16590188769_5bb5b7943a_b.jpg
and I spent a whole hour trying to colour this, also spent days trying too, I just can't do blue/purple/pink but I can do red, what am I missing?

16775187901_c9452a31f3_b.jpg
(be truthful about this colour please)
Alexandra
  • Like 11

Amazing images, Alexandra, a treat as always to see these :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  You'll have to work Saturdays and have Tuesdays off :laugh:

How long did you get for the time lapse? You may have been cut short but there's still so much going on and you have done a great job, I certainly found it very hard to do an anim and you've made it look easy!

I prefer the colour to the mono, to me it's easier to see the structure with the help of the colour. Must try a purple white light, my mum is always nice and supportive of my solar addiction and she loves purple.

Super detail Alexandra, Sun not cooperating here any day of the week :)

Dave

Fantastic stuff. That animation is mesmerising.

Not too fussed about the colour though ;)

Thanks folks :)

Luke the timelapse was from 09:54-10:36 UT

Alexandra

• Like 1

Thanks, Alexandra. It's been so active, I can see why you wanted to get an anim of it. No doubt weekend forecast for you is same as here :grin:

:clouds1:

Edited by Luke
  • Like 1

Number 3 is just out of this world, amazing. Lucky you to get such great images on a day off. Wish my contract allowed for days off.

Robin

• Like 1

post-1708-0-95739400-1426254745_thumb.jppost-1708-0-12902400-1426254747_thumb.jppost-1708-0-06489700-1426254748.jpgAlexandra the best way to colour I have found is go to levels in Photoshop to do THES SETINGS RGB TO 94, 1.00, 225. RED TO0, 2.50, 255. GREEN TO 0, 0.9, 255. BLUE TO 0, 0.30, 255. I got this, hope you don't mind. also had a go at 3d

peter

:) :) :) I like the 3D :) no problems having a go at these, I never mind anyone playing. However, I was trying to make the image purple as it is a UV capture (Calcium H) and it turned out a strange magenta :lol: I like the fiery orange though :)

Alexandra

Is this a near purple levels RGB= 7, 1.00, 219. RED= 0, 0.42, 255. GREEN= 0, 0.30, 255. BLUE= 0, 0.62, 255. JUST PLAE WITH CENTER SLIDER.

PETER

post-1708-0-54899000-1426263185_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Thanks guys :) :) :)

Thanks Peter, that is a great colour on the granulation, I love it :) however I think the penumbra and umbra are lost, this is the problem I was running into time and time and again. I think this is only going to work by masking off the spot and colouring it differently to the surrounding granulation. It is really tough colouring Calcium images ;)

Alexandra

Beautiful animation you caught there.

Can't wait to get going again with Solar myself but my Quark is still being assembled :-(

If I can catch anything like these with it I will be a very happy dude.

Keep it up Alex, solar makes a nice change for me.

• Like 1

Lovely !

Animations are my favorite though :) .. to me, they release/share a lot more information about 'it' than do individual snap shots in time.

• Like 1