Hello from Middle Tennessee

rwt

I recently purchased my first telescope.  I picked up a used package that was 1 year old, in like-new condition.  Below is my list of equipment for starting out in astronomy:

Omni XLT 120 w/CG-4 mount Orion 16" Pier Extension William Dielectric Diagonal Orion Single Axis Motor Drive Celestron Omni 2X Barlow (3) Omni Eyepieces 40mm, 25mm, 15mm (2) X-Cel LX Eyepieces 7mm, 5mm NexImage 5 Digital Camera GSO Filters #8, #11, #23A, #38A Orion Filters - Polarizer, SkyGlow, Mars Celestron Polar Finder Pelican iM2050 Case Orion 05999 Case Small Filter Case

I'm looking forward to learning a lot in the future, both here and through the eyepieces.

Here are the first images I attempted using the NexImage 5 camera.

post-41874-0-22896100-1426072036.jpg

post-41874-0-56663200-1426072056_thumb.j

Hi RWT and welcome to SGL, you have done well with your XLT 120 Achromat refractor, to take such nice images. Perhaps you might like to look into the possibly of using such as the Baader Fringe Killer or Semi APO filter, to help cut back on the CA, which is evident round the rim of your excellent Moon image, enjoy your Astronomy and the forum :)

Archived