SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Work in progress M81

MattJenko

Here is a Lum image of M81, waiting patiently for some colour. Comments welcome. I am not sure if this is overdone for a Lum layer. I shall find out soon enough given some luck this week.

20 x 10 min L. ED80, Atik 414ex. Processing all done in PI.

6b25b8266219236178cfc98dc8e6491b.1824x0_

Looks like the good basis for a luminance layer for sure ....... but I'd go with AG - In my opinion the galaxy is overcooked with some magical PI process. As I don't use it I can't for one minute suggest what it may be though.

Yes, I agree with you both, it is a bit 'in your face', which is remarkably easy to do in PixInsight :). I am going to experiment with various strengths of wavelet/contrast processes when I ever manage to gather some RGB for this. I still am unsure of exactly the impact Lum has on RGB images and how to process an image for a purpose other than looking good in its own right. Mono imaging is certainly more involved than I ever imagined before getting stuck in, but all the more interesting for it.

Archived