Nice Dobs

I just like the quantity button that goes up to 20.   :D

Very nice portable dobs, well designed with the wheels and handles. I can see these telescopes really working in my situation. Shame my bank manager doesn't.   :D :D

Very nice!

Perhaps when my lottery number come up a 20" f3.3 with full Goto and SIPS might be in order. Still manageable size and height wise but alot of aperture!!

Note to self: start doing the lottery! [emoji6]

I was admiring that at astrofest as well, wasn't sure on the size, thought it was a 10" maybe? I was moving it around and everything was so smooth. I presume it had proper bearings. It was very impressive.

I was admiring that at astrofest as well, wasn't sure on the size, thought it was a 10" maybe? I was moving it around and everything was so smooth. I presume it had proper bearings. It was very impressive.

I think it was a10" and as you say everything worked beautifully

I saw this at Altair Astro's stand at Astrofest and I was impressed by the build quality and finish . Looks like a nice bit of kit though probably not cheap !!

http://www.altairastro.com/product.php?productid=16837&cat=269&page=1

heres the link to the main manufactures. i have had this bookmarked for a few years now

http://www.skyvision.fr/wordpress/telescope/ultracompact-dobson-uc-series/?lang=en

Oh dear, that site is really whetting my appetite for a portable monster dob. They really are the business.

They pack up small enough to go in a luggage cart. I could literally WALK to a much darker sky with those babies. All I need to do is get away from the street lights! (and win the lottery. :D) 15k for a 20 incher....

Yep sky vision, look nice and cost nice too. Astro shop link... Fratio is a bit on the hug side for me, but seem "too cheap"... Anyone willing to have a go? Normal prices much higher... Maybe a pricing error..!!

Cheers

Peter

Archived