Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

BBC Orion Project

Uranium235

You know, thats the first thing that sprang to mind when I saw this :) that pic would cover it in one go.

But they're up against it by trying to combine so many different captures, too many variables - focal length, gradients, LP, dodgy stars... it will be a processing trip to hell!

Yeah, what I thought, Tom and Olly've been there, done that.

Might be fun to have a go at the galaxy though

At 0.8 arc mins (unless I've typed the search in wrong) it is gonna need a big scope to get anything meaningful of this galaxy.

They could do worse than speak with Morten Balling, a user on AstroBin : http://www.astrobin.com/users/MortenBalling/

He has done a lot of work in combining lots of different images of various quality from many different other users to produce some of the most striking images on that site.

I hadn't seen those but they're very good. Some wonderful integration times! We've done a few SGL based collaborations and working with absolutely masses of data is a different game, it really is. 

Olly

Archived