Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The annual - OMG what have I forgotten thread..

NickK

So I have mentally gone through my list of things.. this year I'm attempting to be efficient.. no almost built spectrograph etc.. but I figure this may help anyone going for a first time or those like me.. have bad memories :)

For two people.. for almost a week (not the few days you can get away with being that light)..

* Tent, poles, carpet, extension canopy, pegs, mallet, ground sheet

* wind break, screw pegs

* 16A power lead (incl rcs) to 13A + extension leads

* Electric Oil Radiator Heater for night time, Electric radiating header evening, Lantern, torches

* Cooker, extra gas, lighter/matches

* Travel cooler box

* pots/pans, gas-top kettle, plates, cutlery, washing up bowl, washing up liquid, cold water cube thing.. although a bottle may work just as well..

* Food, tea/coffee and beer

* tables, 2x chairs

* bin bags.

* Sleeping bags

* Tescos value duvet

* air mattress (has inbuilt pump) but does require a continental AC adaptor 

* radiator insulation - goes under the sleeping bag to stop the heat from just heating the air mattress air

* lots of clothes layers, towels, washing stuff, bag to take stuff back from the showers.. oh hair drier (hers!)

* waterproofs

* boots for outside, clean shoes for inside.

* collapsable clothes rack dryer/hanger thing

* camping TV, arial, power supply, my old radio.

* hand warmer pouches

* Scopes, mount + mount weights and tripod, dew heaters, handset, EQMOD thing, cameras, eyepieces, computers, chargers, extension leads, usb leads, ethernet lead, wifi network, GPS, regulated power supply, mains cable reel.

* binos

* toilet tent

* solar viewing screen (black thing for easy daytime screen viewing), solar filter

* Red acetate

* soldering iron, multi-meter, pliers, screw drivers, allen keys, insulating tape, gaffer tape

* insurance - covered under the personal possessions.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi that sounds right.

So I have mentally gone through my list of things.. this year I'm attempting to be efficient.. no almost built spectrograph etc.. but I figure this may help anyone going for a first time or those like me.. have bad memories :)

For two people.. for almost a week (not the few days you can get away with being that light)..

* Tent, poles, carpet, extension canopy, pegs, mallet, ground sheet

* wind break, screw pegs

* 16A power lead (incl rcs) to 13A + extension leads

* Electric Oil Radiator Heater for night time, Electric radiating header evening, Lantern, torches

* Cooker, extra gas, lighter/matches

* Travel cooler box

* pots/pans, gas-top kettle, plates, cutlery, washing up bowl, washing up liquid, cold water cube thing.. although a bottle may work just as well..

* Food, tea/coffee and beer

* tables, 2x chairs

* bin bags.

* Sleeping bags

* Tescos value duvet

* air mattress (has inbuilt pump) but does require a continental AC adaptor 

* radiator insulation - goes under the sleeping bag to stop the heat from just heating the air mattress air

* lots of clothes layers, towels, washing stuff, bag to take stuff back from the showers.. oh hair drier (hers!)

* waterproofs

* boots for outside, clean shoes for inside.

* collapsable clothes rack dryer/hanger thing

* camping TV, arial, power supply, my old radio.

* hand warmer pouches

* Scopes, mount + mount weights and tripod, dew heaters, handset, EQMOD thing, cameras, eyepieces, computers, chargers, extension leads, usb leads, ethernet lead, wifi network, GPS, regulated power supply, mains cable reel.

* binos

* toilet tent

* solar viewing screen (black thing for easy daytime screen viewing), solar filter

* Red acetate

* soldering iron, multi-meter, pliers, screw drivers, allen keys, insulating tape, gaffer tape

* insurance - covered under the personal possessions.

The good news is that the long range forecast is for day temps of 10degC, night temps of 1degC.. currently the met is showing cloud on the first part of the week but from experience it can rapidly as lucks has it's own little weather system. No 40mph, -19degC windchill, snow & icicles this time around fingers crossed!

I may be tempted to leave the Bosch 100Ah battery at home but still bring the charger in case the car needs it.

Please please do not pack the sun lotion.

That will have the same effect on the weather as purchasing half a dozen gourmet new scopes!

Don't forget to check that you have all of the relevant chargers.

Paul

I'm travelling with a french woman. You've seen the films where the french have their tent on the battlefield with a full set of wooden tables and chairs, chandeliers, glassware, silverware, butlers.. 

Well as it is our first star party, first camping, first astronomy out of the observartory, we started our list a while ago,

then progressed to the living room pile,

sglx_pack_1.jpg

today was the trial pack.

sglx_pack_2.jpg

sglx_pack_3.jpg

What have we forgotten, food, clothes, beer....

Yes thanks, some padding is needed. It was a trial pack to see if it would all fit and, somehow, it did. I need to review a few items as there was no space for some items on the maybe list.

Averil is looking forward to the event otherwise I would have more space in the front for more stuff. (joking just in case she reads this)

Friday - pack all the electrical, tools etc into their boxes

Sat - add the roof rack to the car, put the camping stuff in..

Sunday find all the missing bits that Sandrine has carefully packed away ;)

Monday - load the boot

Archived