Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings from Scotland

AstroLover_x

I recently discovered this site and I like it ,just need a bit to adjust to everything. I'm from Dunoon but with roots from Croatia. Sadly here in Dunoon are no astronomy club-s so I wanted to join here...I see people are nice and friendly :) 

I got a Celestron Astromaster 114 EQ few months ago and so I found a bit difficult with a starpointer finderscop part that is very important to me ...

have a nice day everyone :)

Welcome.

Only been in Dunoon once, for a couple of days. You are close to some nice dark skies.

Have fun - and ask questions. There are some very clever, as well as friendly, people in/on SGL.

Hi and welcome to the forum. It seems to be a familiar complaint that your scope's finder is a little difficult to align and also a bit too bright. Luckily there are alternatives out there which are great to use such as the infamous Telrad and the Rigel QuikFinder which being smaller, would be probably more appropriate for your size of scope. In principle you shouldn't have to add to your kit if you have paid good money for the whole setup but no one scope has all the bells and whistles on as it might price the scope above the competition. It's one of the advantages of being on this forum in that you can ask for members' advice on equipment because the replies will be both impartial and based on actually using the stuff which can save you a lot of money before buying what you really need.

Wishing you clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here and don't forget to keep asking questions as it can be your only way of getting your head around some of the stuff that goes on here! :grin:

Hi and welcome to the forum. It seems to be a familiar complaint that your scope's finder is a little difficult to align and also a bit too bright. Luckily there are alternatives out there which are great to use such as the infamous Telrad and the Rigel QuikFinder which being smaller, would be probably more appropriate for your size of scope. In principle you shouldn't have to add to your kit if you have paid good money for the whole setup but no one scope has all the bells and whistles on as it might price the scope above the competition. It's one of the advantages of being on this forum in that you can ask for members' advice on equipment because the replies will be both impartial and based on actually using the stuff which can save you a lot of money before buying what you really need.

Wishing you clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here and don't forget to keep asking questions as it can be your only way of getting your head around some of the stuff that goes on here! :grin:

Hi and thanx for the wishes , Dunoon weather is very hyperactive ,rain,sun,wind and all together but when it is a clear sky it is majestic. Thanx for  the advice I will check that. Well I paid 119 £ and got 2 eyepieces 10mm and 20mm and permanently built on starpointer so I wasn't sure if I can add anything to help me.I must admit it's a bit hard  to point in the night sky with  that little red dot.

I still try to menage with where to post about that so I started here with my question haha :D

I agree for the forum ,it is great to be a member here :)

wish you too nice a clear night sky and to get closer to the stars and planets :)

Hi There,

Warm welcome to SGL. Lovely part of Scotland, though you get your fair share of rain the skies are dark. A couple of books to help 'turn left at orion' and 'sky&telescope pocket star atlas'.. Also download a planetarium program plenty out there but try stellarium its great and free;  To be found here :-- http://www.stellarium.org/ . And enjoy that nice scope!

Hi, and welcome to the forum! I recently got an Astromaster 130EQ. I believe it has the same red-dot star pointer as yours. Initially it was a pain trying to point the scope to anything, but now I'm used to it. I spent some time during the day precisely aligning the red dot finder with the scope, and now I can point to objects in less than a minute. 

Wishing you luck and clear skies!

Greetings to all with a respect and many thanx for the worm welcome :) 

Since I'm new in this I'm still learning how to handle with parts like R.A. & Dec. Cables and specially with red dot in starpointer. 

Maybe I should try over day for a practice :). I'm interested in purchasing a Rigel Quickfinder ....thanx James :)

and thank you all 

wish you also clear nights and great stargazing :)

Archived