Narrowband

High QE camera with TDI?

eliotg

Hi, I have an application for which I need a camera that supports TDI (time delay and integration). Beyond that, I want to maximize QE, resolution (including binning, for flexibility), and readout rate.

I've found very few cameras that say they support this readout mode, specifically just the SBIG ST-1603. I'd love to find something more modern, to do better on the other characteristics I'm looking for.

Interline CCDs have a nice continuous readout capability (which is a critical component of the TDI mode I require), but I have yet to find one that also supports the shifting capability of TDI. I know TDI with interline is possible from white papers I've read, but I don't have any such make/model numbers in hand.

Can anyone lend a hand? Point me at a list or someone who would know which cameras can meet and ideally maximize my criteria? Thanks so much!!!

Archived