Hello, Bonjour and Hola from West Midlands!

dressing_gown_astronomer

Hello!

Where do I begin? Well, I've had a Celstron AstroMaster 130EQ for a year now, and despite the frequent bad weather and cloudy skies, I've managed to see several planets, the pleiades, the orion nebula and the andromeda galaxy. As far as literature goes, I have the philips "astronomy starter pack", sir patrick moore's guide to the night sky and a couple of fold out star maps.

I have a rusty knowledge of the constellations and solar system, so I suppose the only thing that remains is to talk to people and learn some more!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dressing_gown_astronomer and welcome to SGL, but it might be wise to put some warmer clothing on, as the cold can strike at parts you wouldn't` think it could reach :D not to say I have not tried it on the odd special occasion, when something is worth observing in the wee hours. Should you have any problems or questions, then these are best posted into the relevant sub sections of the forum, enjoy your Astronomy :) 

Archived