Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkySense and Sky Safari?

Will Sky Safari work with the Celestron SkySense fitted?

I believe Sky Safari/Sky Portal require the alignment to be done with these apps or the apps are not effective?

Many thanks

• 5 years later...

Yes, SkySafari/Portal are aware of the SkySense being available. When you press align in either app the first option shown is SkySense.

What I haven’t tested is what happens when you align with SkySense using the hand controller, then connect with SkySafari/Portal. I’ll test next time I’m out.

• 3 weeks later...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you have to use one or the other. If you align with SkySense using SkyPortal/SkySafari then slew the scope using the hand controller the app has no idea the scope has been moved, so will be offset by the amount you moved it.

This is a pain because slight adjustments with the app are painful. Lots of lag and jerky movement. Hand controller is much better.

Edited by AusS2000