Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

nightfisher

eclipse bets

I am very tempted to go into a bookmakers and have a bet that its full cloud on march 20th between 0800 and 1000, i figure £25 should clean up a nice profit  :grin:

• Like 3

I wouldn't be so sure Jules, the odds will not be good as there is a huge probability it will be cloudy :laugh: you will only win about 10p

• Like 1

Concur. Apart from me asking for the day off work and @ not@ getting it. That should make it clear.

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos!

I have the day of work, just thinking back to previous events, it seems that an astronomer could place weather related bets through the year and stand a good chance of winning plenty, i am posting this a little tongue in cheek as i really hope its clear blue skies on the day

• Like 1

Typical, I've had a long term loan of a PST. The guy nice enough to loan me the kit hasn't done any astro for two years +.... Wants it back for the eclipse.

So, I did have the day booked off, no point now. I'm going to work and will miss it all. :(

Bit annoyed really.

Ant

Typical, I've had a long term loan of a PST. The guy nice enough to loan me the kit hasn't done any astro for two years +.... Wants it back for the eclipse.

So, I did have the day booked off, no point now. I'm going to work and will miss it all. :(

Bit annoyed really.

Ant

Ant, do you still have the white light kit, this is all i will be using for the eclipse, a frac, a dslr and white light filter

Most weather related bets are based on the weather conditions specified but only in and around national weather stations from where the met office collect their data. So if its cloudy where you live, it might not be at say Heathrow Airport weather station, thus you lose the bet.

If you live at Heathrow Airport...............

Mosel Tov !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You win the bet

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

Maybe i should have put the bet on, forcast last night was for clear skies this morning, its full cloud and now the forcast has changed to show this, another astro event down the pan

• Like 2