Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Where have all the Essex boys gone ?

knobby

:) So good to see you guys are around still!

Unfortunately I had to sell the house and cancel the observatory as I broke up with my fiancee ?  but all is good now, i've since gotten married and hoping to buy another house in a years time complete with Observatory of course!

I think an MR reunion sounds awesome,  I see you went and got a big hefty scope to carry around like me Blazar? :D 

At the very least a good catch up is in order I think!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, dan_uk said:

:) So good to see you guys are around still!

Unfortunately I had to sell the house and cancel the observatory as I broke up with my fiancee ?  but all is good now, i've since gotten married and hoping to buy another house in a years time complete with Observatory of course!

I think an MR reunion sounds awesome,  I see you went and got a big hefty scope to carry around like me Blazar? :D 

At the very least a good catch up is in order I think!

Sorry to hear that Dan, but it appears everything has worked out!  I will be off on holiday for a week or so, but if the weather co-operates then perhaps we can all get out again soon after. I can stop by and get Gary and then whomever else wants to join us can also turn up...:-)

Yeah I was jealous of the aperture...still want a larger scope ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, if I check in on this thread tbe system will keep me appraised of additional  postings.   I live a very busy life, but depending on date & location I may make a meet

Hi Cloud Dodgers.  Hope you’re all ok. Thought I’d let you know that CPAC will be gaining permission soon to use the Wallasea Island RSPB car park. Rachel the warden mentioned you have access too. We’re not giving up our Dengie site, but Wallasea is a lot closer for many of our members.  

Wondering if you could say how good the sky is at Wallasea ?  Probably not as good as Dengie, but a whole lot better than most of us have in our back yards, especially the all around horizon.  Thanks in advance for your comments.

Rachel said they need 24 hours advance notice if we’re intending to come, because occasionally they have predator control  in progress. Will try to get them to agree shorter notice.

Maybe see you out there sometime, cheers from Ed at CPAC.

13 hours ago, NGC 1502 said:

Hi Cloud Dodgers.  Hope you’re all ok. Thought I’d let you know that CPAC will be gaining permission soon to use the Wallasea Island RSPB car park. Rachel the warden mentioned you have access too. We’re not giving up our Dengie site, but Wallasea is a lot closer for many of our members.  

Wondering if you could say how good the sky is at Wallasea ?  Probably not as good as Dengie, but a whole lot better than most of us have in our back yards, especially the all around horizon.  Thanks in advance for your comments.

Rachel said they need 24 hours advance notice if we’re intending to come, because occasionally they have predator control  in progress. Will try to get them to agree shorter notice.

Maybe see you out there sometime, cheers from Ed at CPAC.

Hi Ed.

Yeah I got chatting to them last year about it. Its fairly good, with glow to the south (as you would expect), and a little from the north of the river. I have tried to get access to other areas, but that is ongoing. I have managed to email them in the morning, and travel out there. There must always be at least two of you, with either one or both of the persons signing the memorandum of understanding also present.

She will also ask to be present the first time you go out there (usually). You will find that it is of course fenced off with a gate code. You must not allow anyone else to know the code, and also that sometimes there are other cars trying to get in there (youngsters)....so you must all enter and then the gate gets closed behind you.

The site only has the road as hardstanding, otherwise you are on the dusty type 1 material. They have had electrical contractors on site recently hence the bright security lights.

Archived