Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

...last week's Saturn

Kokatha man

Just a quick post before we head to Orroroo for (hopefully!) some more testing of the ASI174MM camera: here is the colour image. Oops, the drive with all the images on it was whipped out from under my nose by Pat as she gets us ready to leave for the 4 hour drive...I'm faffing around waiting for the latest SkippySky update to confirm weather forecasts at the pc - just go to the link to look at both colour & r images!!!

Go to this page on the new website to see the images which is are loaded with surface detail  http://momilika.net/WebPages/LatestSaturnPics.htm

Or you can take a look at the whole new website & check out whatever takes your individual fancies...this site doesn't presume you are a planetary imaging fanatic btw! ;)

http://momilika.net/Index.html

ps: there's a nice Saturn tilt animation over the last 5 years as both a mono gif & above it an rgb, in the "Saturn" section of the website...for the rgb you click on the image & you'll get an avi open in WMP - created with PIPP!

Now the website is up & running (still one page "under construction" atm) I will be posting a stripped down & hopefully simpler & easier version of my WJ tute as well as the "normal" application of AS!2, Registax6, AstraImage & P/shop as it relates to planetary imaging, plus the more "arcane"  employment of those tools used (but seldom divulged wink.gif ) in P/S such as "Layer Masks" & "no-destructive Dodge & Burn" & their relevance to planetary processing etc...as well as some of the more "standard" tool techniques & applications that can assist image-outcomes...heck, we might even reveal our "The Secrets of Uranus Imaging & Processing." lol.gif

A fair slice but it will probably be our major pastime between Saturn image forays this year... smile.gif

Great site and great captures of Saturn Darryl. Looks like this camera works extremely well and will have to go on my buy list ;-)

Great to have the resource section and tutorials back - big community and personal thank you :-)

Archived