Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Advice for improvement?

Muz

Hello,

I've been out with my telescope and my camera, basically playing about with settings and stuff to see what works best.

This is an image from a few days ago with which I was quite happy:

IMG_0805.jpg

It retains most of its looks when highly zoomed in as it is 18 MP and pretty well focused.

However, how could take better images in the future? Advice would be appreciated.

Also, are there any edits I could make to it in photo editing software which would improve the image's looks?

Thanks

What camera have you used? What telescope. How are you attaching the two?

Stacking multiple images may be an option; either multiple frames from video footage, or multiple stills from a dslr. Free software like registax can do this fairly easily.

Lovely inage by the way.

James

Most excellent. When doing single exposure DSLR shot using a telescope I use ISO 100 and about 1/160th of a second exposure so as not to "blow out" the highlights as your slightly doing here. Keep at it!

What camera have you used? What telescope. How are you attaching the two?

Stacking multiple images may be an option; either multiple frames from video footage, or multiple stills from a dslr. Free software like registax can do this fairly easily.

Lovely inage by the way.

James

Thank you!

My camera is a Canon EOS 600D and for that image it was attached to my telescope the prime focus way (I should probably have put that in the post :p)

Most excellent. When doing single exposure DSLR shot using a telescope I use ISO 100 and about 1/160th of a second exposure so as not to "blow out" the highlights as your slightly doing here. Keep at it!

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind next time the sky's clear.

Do you have a tracking mount?

The options above still stand:

- lots of single frames like the one above and stack them in registax (you may need to do some file conversions with freeware)

- take video with the 600d at prime focus for say 2 minutes and again stack the best frames in registax (again may need to do some file conversion using freeware)

I'd say have a go at both and see which generates the best inage for you.

Loys of info put there about using registax.

James

Archived